Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Groups I've Created/Mentored

This this is just FYI. I only support or use the ones I need when I need them so I have never had them all going at the same time. Also, I also only am able to do any of these due to the amazing women (and men!) that I work with, who contribute untold hours to the success of these different groups. Most of them are set up to run on a very low-maintenance, high-inspiration system to prevent "burn-out" :). My intention is to have social/peer (meaning other homeschooling kids of all ages) groups available for every stage of my child's education.


Small and Simple things: An adult book group designed to help unlock the keys to a simple, meaningful life through the study of classics
Knights of Freedom: A book/activity group for 8-12 year old boys that meets weekly
Dream Catcher’s Club/Promise Club: Club for girls 9-11 to learn monthly virtues through books and activities, learn skills in homemaking and etiquette, and have monthly opportunities for service.
Princess club: Club for girls 6-9 to help them learn monthly virtues through children’s books, activities, free time, coloring time (with reading going on), and "tea" party time.
Children’s Choir: a low-cost alternative for families to come together and sing entertaining, educational, and spiritual songs and learn them for performance.
Young Actor’s Guild: An acting group for youth 5-14+ to put together, rehearse, and perform plays (some Shakespeare)plays: The Hobbit, Without a Constitution, The 5 Dancing Princesses, The Candy Shop play, Taming of the Shrew, A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
Science Class: teach high school science to 12 + using Apologia Science, while other amazing women hold hand's-on science classes for my younger children. I knew that generic biology degree would come in handy someday! :)
Mission Minded Mom’s breakfast: a somewhat quarterly time for women to come together and share their successes and frustrations as they fulfill their personal missions and gain encouragement from others. A potluck breakfast is enjoyed.
Vanguard Youth: A group for 12+ to teach science/math, leadership/constitution, geography/culture, service and entrepreneur classes.
Joy Lunch Club: This is a group I have started on my own in my local community with the purpose of bring women together to "find nobility in motherhood and joy in womanhood". We bring whatever scraggly left-over we were going to have for that day, meet at my less-than-catalog house for one hour once a month, and share our experiences of the past month, uplift and edify one another with quotes and songs we have thought of or that have impressed us, and seek greater determination to do the above quote. Super low-maintenance, and joy-filled!

No comments:

Post a Comment