Friday, November 6, 2009

What I CAN do

"The God who gives us each day as a treasure will require an accounting...This day is a precious gift of God... "I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me"...A morning prayer and an early search in the scriptures can set the course for a day. We can know which task, fo all those we might choose, matters most to God and therefore to us...such a prayer is always answered if we ask and ponder with childlike submission, ready to act without delay to perform even the most humble service...all would be possible for the humblest of us. The temptation to delay will come from two feelings...one to be complacent...and the other to feel overwhelmed.
"Lovingly pray: "Please let me serve this day. It doesn’t matter to me how few things I may be able to do...Just let me know what I can do. I will obey this day. I know I can, with thy help.
"Hard as things seem today, they will be better in the next day if you choose to serve the Lord this day with your whole heart...when your burdens become too heavy, the Lord, whom you have served, will carry what you cannot. He knows how. He prepared long ago. He suffered your infirmities and your sorrows when He was in the flesh so He would know how to succor you.
When you go to sleep: "Well done, thou good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things..."–Elder Eyring, May ‘07

No comments:

Post a Comment