Friday, April 8, 2011

"Why me?"

I have often thought, “Why do bad things happen to good people?” or “Why me?” This morning it dawned on me: that is the plan that we chose! Satan's plan is a life of ease and predictability, one of no “hitches” with a safe re-entry into heaven...exactly as we left it. We wanted to be tested, just as Kel does in his schooling :) (which I at first thought was a little crazy!) , wanted to be proven, to grow, to experience...and how can we do that if nothing ever goes wrong? Not only does God need to allow the consequences of the bad choices of our fellow man to take effect, to hold them accountable and hopefully teach them, but we need those experiences to prove ourselves, learn and grow...to feel the difference between the bitter and the sweet. We wanted that choice, with all the accountability that goes with it :). He could stop every bad thing from happening to every person if he wanted to, but that is not the plan we signed up for.
Of course that doesn't make it any easier...it doesn't make me say, "Bring it on!" but it reassures me of the love of God even in hard times...that while He may not take away the pain and suffering, I can still feel Him there, loving me and supporting me through my test.

No comments:

Post a Comment