Saturday, January 25, 2020

The Touch of an Artist


As I knelt to pray this morning and was asking forgiveness for some specific mindsets and judgments I had the day before or in general, at first it felt like a gentle nudge in the right direction... but then I felt my usual tendency to cascade into harsh self-berating mode. 
And then something stopped me gently.

I wish I could describe what I just felt.

It was as if for the first time that I saw that God has never intended for me to be punished or corrected with the brutality with which I normally face repentance in myself. Instead, I saw that His correction for me has only ever been intended to be the touch of a paintbrush on my soul. It is me who has opted for the raw instruments of internal torment and torture that have haunted my experience with repentance. Me and Satan, who glories in the chains he wields. God's correction is a light touch, a gentle change, full of love and with the eye of potential as only seen by an artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment