Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Out of the Wilderness

I love the example of the disciples in the scriptures, good, yet imperfect men trying to do what God wants them to do.

I was touched by a verse just now.  The Savior just told the disciples that He wanted to feed the multitudes before they left. 
And his disciples answered him, From whence can a man satisfy these men with bread here in the wilderness?
Don't you feel that way sometimes?  Like the Lord asks you to do something and you just feel drained of resources?

Just remember the stunning conclusion after the disciples gather all they can muster....

And they had a few small fishes: and he blessed, and commanded to set them also before them.
 So they did eat, and were filled: and they took up of the broken meat that was left seven baskets.
May I act in faith, and see the miracle that follows!  I guess the key is just making sure I am giving my limited resources exactly where He directs me, eh?  

No comments:

Post a Comment