Monday, September 30, 2013

Reflections

I have a new visiting teaching route and it is so inspired!

We went to visit a lady for the first time yesterday and she shared a beautiful gift with us, the story of how her youngest passed away.  It was a sacred and beautiful moment to have her share such a personal thing.

And it brought something to mind....

I am so grateful that, for all the times I brush my children aside and say, "not now" or "tomorrow," the night before my Isaak died, when he turned to me and said, "Mommy!  I left my football at the soccer field!" I loaded up everyone in the van again and headed right back to the soccer field we had just left and looked for it.

I didn't make excuses, I didn't get frustrated with him (the usual response)...

I just did it.  Happily and supportively.

I am so grateful that Heavenly Father inspired me to truly mother him in a kind and gentle way in those last hours before...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the memory. Truly a tender mercy, both the memory and the new visiting teacher friend. I'm glad the Lord is still watching over you for me. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too! And I am thankful for having such a wonderful mother :)!

    ReplyDelete