Monday, October 28, 2013

Positive Perseverence



Today for devotional, we watched the new, beautiful video from lds.org about the attributes of Christ:

https://www.lds.org/youth/video/christlike-attributes?cid=HPFR102513149&lang=eng

How do we attain these attributes?  Through persistence, through perseverence, through humility...through experience.

It reminded me of one of my favorite "values.com" videos:

The Wall

How do I teach this to my children?  I know I model it :). I am stubborn to a fault, so I can do that, but to show how to persevere with joy, endure to the end with optimism, that is my challenge.  I am not sure that they want to become like me at the times when I am gritting my teeth and literally enduring. :)  It is not a very pretty picture.

It reminds me of the time my sister-in-law Niesha R. told me that she was working on her attitude in going to church on Sunday.  She said something that stuck with me, "Why would my kids want to go somewhere where I am angrily frantic in the process of going there, miserable in enduring, and visibly exhausted and frustrated at the end?"  She talked about getting ready with cheerfulness, attending with hope, and coming home focusing on the good that happened...or something like that :).

Anyway...since then, it has made me think about the power of my example of not only enduring, but enduring well.   Enduring with a smile :).

No comments:

Post a Comment