Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Godhood and chaos

As I was working calmly in my house this morning, rejoicing in the first Wednesday I have not had anything scheduled since Christmas time (if not before!), I noticed that out of the chaos I was leaving cleanliness and beauty in my wake. 

It made me wonder, is that not what we are preparing for?  For godhood, when out of the chaos around us, we create beauty and order.  I learned in physics about entropy, the natural tendency of things toward chaos.  Perhaps just as we must confront the natural man tendencies as outlined in Mosiah 3:19 and create beauty and order within ourselves, we must confront the naturally emerging chaos around us and create beauty and order?

Now, I think the "creating" part is very messy at times :), and joyfully so, and one person's view of "chaos" may differ from another's...perhaps like some plants are weeds to some people and flowers to others?  Perhaps some of godhood is that perspective to see the beauty and purpose in some chaos, and knowing which ones we need to work on and fix?

Hmmmm....musing out loud :).

No comments:

Post a Comment