Friday, October 23, 2015

How does God show His love?

EPIPHANY!

When it rained on my birthday, I used to tell my friend, my dear Sister Rausch, that it was a sign that "I was His favorite." Whenever we noticed amazing blessings or happy things, we would comment, "See? I am His favorite!"

Yesterday, I got some bad news. For some reason, even though I ordered the countertops back in August, it will still take two and a half more weeks before I get a sink and countertops on these gorgeous cabinets recently set up in my kitchen. I know that I am blessed, but sometimes it can be so darn hard to focus on that and not whine!

visitor of the installation "Rain Room" at The Museum of Modern Art ...
Well, back to the "epiphany": this morning I was reading in my scriptures about the children of Israel being selected IN the furnace of affliction. It hit me, "Maybe my TRIALS are a sign that 'I am His
favorite'?"

 


Hmmm...powerful. I think it might be true.
It would definitely help me stop whining as much.  Maybe that is what Paul realized when he said, "Bring on the affliction!"

No comments:

Post a Comment