Thursday, November 17, 2016

Being Held

Missin' my Isaak right now. Tomorrow would have been his 17th birthday. I don't often picture things like that...I still see him as that little boy I last saw so many years ago.
We bought balloons for him tonight and I sat and cried in the car as I listened to Casting Crowns "Just Be Held." I am so grateful to know I will be able to hold him again someday just as my Savior is holding me when things feel so hard.
I am so grateful my God never gave up on me and still holds me.




Hold it all together
Everybody needs you strong
But life hits you out of nowhere
And barely leaves you holding on
And when you're tired of fighting
Chained by your control
There's freedom in surrender
Lay it down and let it go
So when you're on your knees and answers seem so far away
You're not alone, stop holding on and just be held
Your world's not falling apart, it's falling into place
I'm on the throne, stop holding on and just be held
Just be held, just be held
If your eyes are on the storm
You'll wonder if I love you still
But if your eyes are on the cross
You'll know I always have and I always will
And not a tear is wasted
In time, you'll understand
I'm painting beauty with the ashes
Your life is in My hands


7 comments:

  1. I love you Mary. Happy birthday to Isaak tomorrow! I will be thinking about you and keeping a prayer in my heart. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will think of you celebrating Isaak as I work in the temple today. Love ❤️ you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! We are going there too! Good place to be :).

      Delete
  3. Mary, I love you. I am crying with you as I listen to this beautiful song. Thanks for sharing. Our Jonathan who passed away in Oct 2008 would be 13 right now. My heart is overflowing with love for you, love for the Savior, love for our boys, and love for those who made this beautiful song. Penni

    ReplyDelete
  4. <3 (That's supposed to be a heart.) I love how you celebrate him every year!

    ReplyDelete