Friday, August 18, 2023

Shards

 SHARDS

Shattered, broken, deadly…
A lifetime of mistakes lay before me
In overwhelming hues.

Looking around,
I don’t know where to go,
What to do.
Who am I…
…Other than a thousand bits
Of splintered, senseless
Colored glass?

But then,
Ever so gently,
I feel the pieces lovingly gathered,
Delicately and deliberately rearranged,
Making sense of
The sadness,
The heartache,
The mistakes,
The flaws,
The cracked ugly pieces
Of my broken soul.

Patterns form
As I submit
To this brutally tender rearrangement,
Allowing myself to float,
To move,
To break even further
Under the hands
Of the Master Craftsman.

The lead is placed
Deliberately
Between the gaps of the
Broken, colored pieces…
An Atonement of Love
Sealing,
Soldering the pattern into place
In the furnace of redemption.

“What are you doing?”
My soul cries out.
“These pieces are broken,
Ugly,
Unredeemable!
I am still but a cacophonic collection
Of worthless,
Fragmented,
Melted sand.”

My heart hung in shame,
The Master Craftsman
Gently reaches,
Lovinging lifting me into place.

“Just watch,”
He whispers.

Light--
His light!--
Shines through my brokenness
I gasp,
As I see I have become
His stained glass masterpiece.

(Image from Stained glass window, fantasy woman portrait. Generative ai By FantasyEmporium https://stock.adobe.com/images/stained-glass-window-fantasy-woman-portrait-generative-ai/553267928)

No comments:

Post a Comment