Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Time

I was just reading in Alma 40:8 of the Book of Mormon about how time is only measured unto men, and how all is as one day to God. Imagine what it would be like without time "constraints"! What would we do with our time? Would we fill it with valuable things or lesser things? I think a great deal about time, how, if I only had more, I could study so much more, and do so much more good...and maybe finally get to "catching" up my photo albums (which could hardly be called scrapbooks!) after I do what it is I do every day: live life imperfectly striving to nurture and snuggle, lead and follow, teach and be taught, endure and serve :). And then think of the proverbial "couch potato" (no name or image comes to mind :)!) and what they would do without time constraints if there was never a deadline, never an externally imposed demand on their time...how would they spend it? Would they continually put off the more difficult yet more valuable things that will help them fulfill their own unique mission before God? After this life, we will have the eternities before us, a timeless existence as we seek to become more like God. What better way to get us jump-started into using our existence in a meaningful fashion than to impose time-constraints in this life!

No comments:

Post a Comment