Monday, October 22, 2012

More...

I may have posted about this song before, but it is worth reposting.

https://www.lds.org/youth/music?lang=eng

...and scroll down for "More" by Kenneth Cope.  It is an amazing song introduced to me by my dear friend RaNae.  There is a part that goes something like, "I've stretched this far...you've raised the bar."

I feel like I have stretched so much in the last few years, pushing myself and trusting Him more than I ever have in my life, doing what He wants me to do.

And, now, it feels like there is more stretching to do :).

More...it all boils down to that word, and that song just captures what blessedness can come from doing it.

I sit through church, without saying a single word, listening for the scrap or two of Hungarian I understand, and wonder if this is what He wants for me.  It would be easy enough to grab a translator and capture it all, but all who know me know that to hear and understand is not enough for me :).  I crave interaction, so maybe this is the motivation I need to really learn this language.

More, hmmmm?  I really appreciate Elder Eyring's talk from April of 2012, where he mentions "asking the Lord for trial to stretch him."  I know better than that, after Isaak died without any "special request" for growing, but I do know I want to be doing His work and be worthy of His service--maybe this is the price that needs to be paid for me?

2 comments:

  1. My latest stretch was last night at roundtable. Longer story, but I'm over the Boy Scout leaders at roundtable now. Wednesday I found out that the Varsity and Venture leaders would be joining us because they're plan fell through. So last night it was about 50 men with little ol' me instructing them. My topic for the night was important but difficult - I wanted to get the principles of youth protection in their hearts since the training is so boring yet what is taught so important. Anyway, leading up I was reciting 2 Tim. 1:7 to myself (thank you Mary!). Felt very good about how it went when it was over. How do nice girls like us get into these situations? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You go girl! Love it! Talk about a woman prepared and with a mission...you have always been perfect for what you do, in all things! I love to see (hear about) Marni-ness in action :)...

      Delete