Sunday, July 7, 2013

Moving

It's funny.

I have less than 10 days here left, and I still haven't really started packing.  I am moving 11 people overseas and I haven't started packing.   What is it that is making me drag my feet?  I love it here.  I love the peace I feel here.  I love the slower pace of life, I love the isolation that makes me crazy sometimes, but most of the time is a blanket of forgetfulness around me and my family.  I love the people.  Can I just say how much I love these people?  These good people that are true pioneers?  These good people that come to church, wrapped up in their own blankets of isolation, whom I wish I could wrap up in my arms and comfort, or find out more about who they are by listening and understanding them? Dear Zsuzsi, dearest Eva és Zita, Aniko és Orsi, Margit, Ilona, Gyongyi, Bobi, Nora, Sister Wiggins, Barbara,...sigh.  And that is just who are in my branch right here! They are all so dear.  I am so glad for facebook and that I can "see" and talk to so many of them that way still!

So, I think I will have to officially start packing.  This is nothing like the feeling that I had coming to Hungary.  Why is that? Maybe it is because I am not sure if I will ever come back?  Sigh again. The morning is beautiful.  Birds are singing.  The air is cool.  I will look on what to cherish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment