Friday, January 31, 2014

Morning walk with my family and friends

Okay....

After trying to prove I am "not a robot" 10 times (I mean really,...is there such a key as a backward "k"??), I needed to take a break.  :)  I have just spent the morning checking up on a few blogs of family and friends, and I feel fed

I love people, old and young.  I am amazed at the beauty they bring into my life.

One thing that came up in my "walk" this morning, was to live like each day was your last.  This has been very strongly on my mind lately, as different situations have worried me about the well-being of my loved ones...Papaya disappearing at church, Q-dawg not answering his phone all day, etc.  It is amazing how losing a loved one can really make you appreciate the good and the bad, realizing that, good or bad, each life experience we have with others is truly precious.

I love the following song:
Ahhhh..."sweet Time."  To snuggle with the littles, smile your heart out at them when you don't have the time to snuggle, to laugh where you could take offense, show physical affection to my husband and kids (even those porcupine-ish older ones :)!)...I find that these are the things I do when I am in this state of mind.
 
Thinking about that song also almost always leads me to the next song:

This song is a gift of perspective.  I mean, really...at the end of the day, to consider this moment really puts things where they should be.  Some things pass, some things, hurt, but, in the end, it is not what we have done so much as how what we have done has changed us...and how much we have tried to earnestly do God's will.  He knows our hearts.  He knows our intent, even when we are desperately imperfect.

I am grateful for my walk today, for my family and friends...for all of you who have touched my life with light and love.  My heroes in so many ways.  Love you!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ( I needed to correct it a bit, so I deleted it and re-entered it)

      Delete
  2. I love your "stream of consciousness" posts. It shows the real you, the real depth of goodness and character. It really helps me to feel OK about myself as well,one who is also "desperately imperfect," knowing that there is always hope. What a wonderful way to describe it all an d how we all benefit from each other.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete