Monday, February 24, 2014

How to fix it?

I really blew it.

Sometimes I just ramble and say whatever comes to mind...and this time it really shot me in the foot.

I accidentally pocket-dialed someone and had the phone with me at the door of another person's house, and then said some things about the first person that didn't really reflect how I felt...something about how I didn't want to go to them because they might judge me too harshly.

Now, it wasn't the first person's problem that I was insecure and said those things.  However, the reality of what I had said, seemingly in the safe area away from them, hit home as I looked down at my phone and realized that, of all people, I had pocket-dialed that very person I said would judge me.

I don't know if this makes sense, but the reality of it is that I said something I didn't really mean, "filling up the silence" as I so often do with my ramblings, and said something that could hurt someone else. 

Shame on me.  I don't even know how to begin to fix it.  How do you say "sorry, I didn't really mean it.  I was just being self-conscious and blew it in my weakness."  It has made me really reflect upon why I would even say that. I made me realize how wrong I was, that the first person actually wouldn't have judged me...I just love them so much I don't want to disappoint them...and I turned that into a slight upon them.  Shame on me.

May I be more mindful of the power of my words.  For when it comes down to it, the words we say and even the thoughts and intents of our heart will be shouted from the mountain tops.  My control needs to start with my heart...and I need to teach it to love.

1 comment: