Monday, February 24, 2014

The Gems of Isaiah

I went to "Time out for Women" last weekend, and came away with some great scriptures (and some great memories with some great women :)...):

1 Cor 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

I have truly seen miracles in my life, and I am sure that I am very imperfect in showing my love...how merciful is the Lord!

Abraham 1: And, finding there was greater ahappiness and peace and rest for me, I sought for the blessings of the fathers, and the right whereunto I should be ordained to administer the same; having been myself a follower of brighteousness, desiring also to be one who possessed great cknowledge, and to be a greater follower of righteousness, and to possess a greater knowledge, and to be a father of many dnations, a prince of peace, and edesiring to receive instructions, and to keep the commandments of God, I became a rightful heir, a fHigh Priest, holding the right belonging to the fathers.

What a beautiful example Abraham is!  The earnest yearnings of a heart that yield that happiness, peace, and rest!

Isaiah 1:16...cease to do evil;17 Learn to do well...

Wow...talk about a sermon in a nutshell!

Isaiah 52:2 Shake thyself from the dust; arise, and sit down, O Jerusalem: loose thyself from the bands of thy neck, O captive daughter of Zion.

What are we bound down by?  How are we captive?  In what ways must we choose to loose ourselves to be free?  John Hilton gave a great three step program to re-direct the energy we spend complaining into something productive and beautiful:
#1 Identify what it is that we are complaining about (pretty easy)
#2 Identify what we can do in the situation
#3 Do it and then let go of the rest (the hard part)

And when we do that, this is the promise:
Isaiah 61:3 ...to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.

Isaiah 49:15 15 Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.
16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.


What a blessing to know how mindful he is of us...our "walls": challenges, set-backs, etc. Perhaps He is even more mindful of us during our times of trials than in our times of peace and tranquility.  I see it much as the increased awareness I have of my children when they are going through hard times.  I feel drawn to their pain, their distress, or their bad situations, and it tends to preoccupy me, often shutting out the other children who are calmly and peacefully going about their days.  "The squeaky wheel gets the grease," right?  It is also a blessing to know that in God's infinite capacity, He is with us during the peace and the pain.

Isaiah 43:1-3: 1 But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.
2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
3 For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel.


Ahhh...the gems of Isaiah.

No comments:

Post a Comment