Saturday, December 31, 2016

Making Hard Decisions

Interesting morning.

I announced my Vanguard "RENEW" retreat back in September-ish and have kept it in the back of my mind ever since. I have gone over it and planned out...or tried to.  I have certain things that are firm, but it occurred to me this morning that I cannot plan out the details until I know who is coming. I know it will be awesome. I know it is inspired.  It is the same kind of feeling when I started Vanguard.  The same kind of feeling before I went to Hungary.  It is right. It can just be a little daunting, inviting people to pay $500 on something I am putting together.  God and I are putting together.  Wait.  It is okay. It is right.

As I pulled up the internet to move forward with planning for it, I was touched by the series of videos brought to my attention on the side "line-up."  Even if you don't watch all the videos, look at the names of these videos:
"Having Courage and Trusting the Lord"


"For Such a Time as This"

"Bloom Where You Are Planted"
"You have to work. You can't just expect it to come."
"I've done all that I can.  I've studied. I've prayed.  I have asked the Lord to help me prepare. I've put it into the Lord's hands and I've put forth my effort. And He is going to take care of the rest of it."
"He builds us to accomplish His work."
"We're not doing it for ourselves.  We are doing it for others.  That is what the Savior wants."

"Living Beyond 'What If?'"

"God Gave Them Knowledge"

"You Never Know How Much Good You Do"

"The Impossible Dream"

Image result for picture of george washington in prayer
I suggest that you stop feeling guilty about any insufficiency you think you have... Rather, pray “to stand as [a witness] of God.” This is a much stronger motivation than guilt.

"Finisher's Wanted" by Thomas S. Monson
I guess it is time to move forward with faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment