Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Defusing the Internal Volcano

I'm going to try and share my daily inspiration here in case it helps others.

I got up with great expectations this morning.
Enter child stabbed in the hand with a pencil. 
Anticipated but not planned for wet bed.
Puppy attacking kitties during breakfast routine of family creed, poem, song and prayer.
And then I watched a cool video about my friend and a new group she is starting....and I wished so desperately to be in that place that I wish I could be whenever all my great friends back in Utah keep doing the awesome things they are doing--I wish I could be there with them sharing their journey. And that wish is pretty intense.

As I built up for an internal volcano, I was reminded of a story contained in this talk I listened partly to yesterday (probably around 20-40 minutes in):

Then I decided to go ahead and do the list I felt inspired to work on when I got up, not making excuses or thinking too much about why I shouldn't and rather how I could make it work.

That meant exercise.
While exercising, I listened to the following:

This applies more to me than my husband, who is super good about making his family first and dreams second.  It reminded me that I am not doing this alone.

This gave me hope to keep trying.

This one just let me lumber while praising my God who loves me so much.

I feel renewed for my day.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the talk recommendation, that's my love language. I was reading this one last weekend, so not quite done, but so much good.
    https://speeches.byu.edu/talks/elaine-l-jack/get-life/

    ReplyDelete