Sunday, January 31, 2021

The Future is Bright

 I have to write!! I hope the Spirit can stay with me so I can capture everything.

1) My inspiration from this morning's prayer was that I need to learn to be myself and enjoy doing so! So perplexing, challenging and fun!

2) I was inspired by something Karen wrote on FB this morning:

Have you ever tried running while you’re crying? It’s extremely uncomfortable....

I was out enjoying my run up the canyon today, missing my hiking buddy, Cassia, when the song “Slow Down” came on by Nichole Nordeman. (I’ll link it in the comments, if you dare to listen, just don’t do it if you’re running) I cried through the first verse as I thought of her. Then the second verse made me think of Williamwho will be leaving me soon as well.

I was grateful that I’ve had the feeling lately to let go of things that I can’t get done as fast as I’d like and trust more in God to take care of it.

I have had times as I’ve tried to write my book and create my program where I try to “push through” to get things done at the expense of more important things. I’m grateful I’m learning to do that less and trust God in the process. I find he lets me know the next step much more clearly when I’m focused on what matters then when I’m trying to push through and do things my way in the time frame I want.

I know God wants moms to develop their gifts and use them to light the world. Our kids also need to see us trying. But I also know that He will guide us baby step by baby step into how to do that even when the pace seems slow, I know the results will be awesome because they are His.

I needed to hear this because sometimes I get so frustrated worrying that I am making the wrong choices between my mission as a wife and mother and my mission as a community-impacter. This was a beautiful reminder.

3) The next reminder came from a talk by Joy B. Jones:

I am grateful for the perfect examples from our Savior’s life. With the Son of God standing before him, Pilate asked Jesus, “Whence art thou?”

Jesus remained silent.

Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee?

Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above.38

Jesus calmly reminded Pilate who was really in control of the situation. He looked to His Father in every thought. He didn’t doubt. He didn’t fear.

This reminded me that I need not fear anything. I can post things on fb to start my new groups here in Ohio in the middle of COVID and just not worry about it. If something cannot be used for good, God will now allow it. If it yields adversity, it is part of God's plan to improve me.  

No need to remind me about analyzing and trying to think things through before I do them.  My problem tends to be over-thinking and over-analyzing. 

And I've already had some break-throughs and miracles happen. It is like what happened in our "Come Follow Me" reading for our religion this week, Doctrine & Covenants 6-9: we can desire things, stumble and fall, and God will be there to help us get up again and perhaps redirect.

I love when the future feels bright!

No comments:

Post a Comment