Friday, March 19, 2021

What Motherhood Can Be...

 I think that I have a unique perspective on motherhood since I am still parenting little ones while in a grandparent stage--that proverbial stage where you are able to let things slide that are just not important.  You're able to see with a little more distance and clarity the beauty of the small things that change so fast.

If I could, I would do what so many women did for me when I was a young mom. I would reassure young moms that the blow-fish lips smears on the mirrors disappear all too quickly.  That the kids will stop writing you notes and going out of their way to show you that they love you and you will be chasing behind them, hoping that they know that you love them even if you can't be their best friend.

I would tell them to stop and snuggle more.

That reading picture books with the kids on the couch is the best way to settle the tensions of fighting.

To say "sorry" faster and openly let the tears flow when your heart breaks when you see them fighting.

I would tell them that you can look into their eyes deeply and let the love you feel just flow into their hearts.

I would tell them to tell their children that they are angry because they are sad or afraid.

I would tell them that you can't ruin a person God loves more than you'll ever know...and that parenting is more about learning to be like God.

That motherhood--in all its forms-- is God's best opportunity to learn charity.

Moroni 7:45 And acharity suffereth long, and is bkind, and cenvieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily dprovoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment