Tuesday, October 25, 2011

random thoughts

Tell the sisters to go forth and discharge their duties, in humility and faithfulness and the Spirit of God will rest upon them and they will be blest in their labors. Let them seek for wisdom instead of power and they will have all the power they have wisdom to exercise.’ -Sister Snow

In the book Daughters in My Kingdom, we read about Sister Hedwig Biereichel, a woman in Germany who suffered much sorrow and deprivation during World War II. Because of her love and charitable nature, and even in her own great need, she willingly shared her food with starving prisoners of war. Later, when asked how she was able to “keep a testimony during all [those] trials,” she replied in effect, “I didn’t keep a testimony through those times—the testimony kept me.”

Ezekiel 20:26: "That I might make them desolate, to the end that they might know that I am the Lord."

it's never too late to be all you can possibly be.

I have lots of thoughts, feelings, and emotions going through my head right now. The strongest is, I know my Father lives, and loves me to. I know that He knows what is best for me and that sometimes the answer is lovingly, "no", because "yes" is not what is best. I know that He has in mind what is best for me and those around me, even in seemingly trying times...that those trials will be truly for our good. I guess the key is just remembering, knowing, and trusting that He truly does love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment