Friday, March 18, 2016

In It, I Will Rejoice!

"Signs, signs, everywhere a sign."  That song just keeps going through my head as I think of what I want to express in this post...

Maybe is in the news that I see when I exercise in the gym: terrors and storms from politics to flooding in the South to wars abroad.

Maybe it is in the simple evidence of changing weather patterns captured in the common statements around me: "Wow.  This is a most unusual..." (Fill in the blank.)

In a dream that I had last night, I was on my way to speak at my Grandpa Buchanan's funeral.  As I waited outside the room to speak, a woman and I shared delight in a common scripture.  The passage and the delight associated with it was going through my head as I awoke:
 25 And now we only wait to hear the joyful news declared unto us by the mouth of angels, of his coming; for the time cometh, we know not how soon. Would to God that it might be in my day; but let it be sooner or later, in it I will rejoice.


A couple of days ago, it was in the following song.

I was in tears as I listened to it with my kids...just picturing all of those voices and so many more raised in praise and glory at the return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, at His Second Coming! At the conclusion of that great and last chorus, there will be no more sin, no more sorrow, no more pain, no more suffering. It will be FINISHED. The test will be over. Peace shall reign. Hallelujah, indeed!!

1 comment: