Monday, May 9, 2016

Whine

The Goob put Binks to bed at 10 pm for me last night as I gratefully sunk into bed. 

From 3:30 to 4:40 am I tried everything but nursing to get him to sleep again and finally succumbed.

Something woke me up at 6 am and I lay there wondering if I should try and show  the self-discipline to wake myself and my kids up with the 6:30 alarm--"early to bed and early to rise" and all that jazz going through my head--when my decision was made for me.  Wonder baby started fussing at 6:17 am.

All my Amish resolve and wisdom for the past week, along with years of attempted commitments to just "roll with it," go out the window at this little adversity.  Here I am on this computer, trying to pretend that I am not tired, not deep and fumingly angry at this innocent little lamb.  Ignoring him and his happy bubbly sounds as he wanders the house and as I wish I could just have a few hours more of sleep.  Knowing how unfounded and selfish my anger is.

I have been getting better but I guess this anger/entitlement thing isn't rooted out yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment