Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Bad Day

"Mary, I just feel so selfish sometimes it scares me!"

My friend and I were having a great heart to heart on Sunday and we both left feeling uplifted and strengthened.  And then Monday happened.

Have you ever seen "Facing the Giants" and the coaching/struggling scene?
Boy.  That was yesterday.

I felt insane, I felt crazy. I felt bipolar.  I felt selfish.  I hated myself. I felt border-line nervous break-down at times.  Catatonic. Enraged.

I cried out to heaven, "Are you sure you will not give me more than I can handle???"

It was intense.  The kids were awesome.  Quinn was 100% supportive.  I was dry-walling, everything felt like it was going wrong and it felt that each new piece of drywall that went up took hours.  And they did.  Three and a half pieces.  The whole day. I didn't really feel the Spirit with me at times and then at times I could feel the Lord teaching me. I yelled. I cried. I accused wrongfully. I apologized.  It was just a day that was just so hard.

Most days are pretty good. I ride high on the wings of the Spirit. Sunday was like that.  Bi-polar?  Maybe a little.  Yesterday, though...I was ready to quit on all kinds of levels.

Remember that scene?  This morning as I thought about yesterday, the end of the scene where the coach is yelling, "Don't quit!!!!  Don't quit!!!!  I need you."

Maybe there is a method to God's madness, but sometimes it sure hurts.  Maybe someone else out there can relate and you can just know that you are not alone.

Don't quit.

1 comment:

  1. I don't personally relate, but you gave me a very helpful picture into someone else's mind who has really been struggling the past few days.

    ReplyDelete