Saturday, November 5, 2011

Work and property

I have been thinking a lot about work and property since last week, and had the coooooooolest epiphany!

For those who aren't familiar with my Vanguard Youth group, here is a little background. This month in Vanguard we are studying property, what it is exactly, and why it is essential to the principle of freedom. We discussed last week how property becomes ours when we take it out of nature ourselves (or purchase the rights to it's natural state from someone else), and then add our labor (physical, emotional, and mental), our essence, ourselves to it.

For week 1 the youth were able to mold clay (which they will fire later). I was pondering this morning how when they molded the clay, it became more and more their own and how cool that was. Then my mind jumped back to the scripture from last month about: “we are the clay, and thou (Lord) art the potter, and we all are the work of they hands.”
Here it is, the cool “ah-hah”!! When we allow ourselves to be molded out of our natural state by the Lord, we become His. Cool, cool, cool! It brings tears of joy for me to consider this, for this is all I think I want, to become His, truly and completely! But here is the challenge, because sometimes, I really want to remain in my natural state, too. Hmmmm....

Oh!!!!! And I just thought about how we can "purchase" it from those who own it. When we sin, we become slaves to the devil, but Christ has literally has purchased us with His blood.

I love ah-hahs! They just seem to keep going!

No comments:

Post a Comment