Friday, November 25, 2011

Power in gratitude?

During this transition time, I have felt carried by a powerful calm throughout it all...miraculously enough. In fact, I have felt overcome by my many blessings, of all things. I didn't realize how powerful this was until I started feeling a titch grumpy about something the other night. All of a sudden, almost as if from a third party perspective, I watched a barrage of positive thoughts about different things to be grateful for sweep in and overpower the negative thought. I almost thought I heard, "I'm melting! I'm melting!" as it dribbled away.

Honestly, I was a little awed by the whole thing. I had always been told "count your blessings", etc., but all of a sudden it took on a whole new meaning. It took on shape and form as a power to truly dispel the gloom of negativity.

Now, it will be interesting to see the pedal hit the medal, but hopefully it will stick in my brain, now that it is more visual....

No comments:

Post a Comment