Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sing my part

Whenever I start singing a song in church, I listen around to figure out which part I want to sing.  We started singing #3, "Now let us rejoice", which has a pretty "one-note" alto part.  As all around me, people sang all but the alto, I sighed and started singing it.  As I enjoyed the blend of harmonies that included my "boring" part, I reflected...sometimes, like in that song, we are called upon to do the 'boring' part to make the overall effect of songs, service, or work beautiful, complete, or...perfect.

Thought?  Never shun what may look like the "boring" job when it is my turn to do it :).

If anyone who reads this has any personal experiences, I would love to hear them :)! One of the main reasons I do this blog is to "talk" with people I love and respect about so many cool things!  I know we all don't have "time", but any time anyone feels like they could take the time to respond or add their "two bits", I would love it!

2 comments:

  1. I kind of enjoy doing the boring part :)..... Not the paperwork or the busy work. It is doing the simple mundane things that make the world go round. The thing about the mundane parts is that when they have their turn it shines forth....for example in the song.in the 14 stanza when the altos move and at the end of the song those creat a beautiful harmony and amazing contrast in the song. I don't think it is ironic that those are the times when the song speaks of redemption, of watching for the savior to come, of participating when he does come or of becoming His people and coming home to Him....sing away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are one amazing woman, my dear...
      I never paid attention to that! Soooooo cool! :) I will have to pay attention more to not only the "boring parts" of music, but the seemingly "boring" parts of life...and watch for those transitions. What is the song of my life speaking of then?

      Delete