Tuesday, February 7, 2012

journal-Hava-lava-"isms"

February 3, 2012
Hava-lava pled with me the other day: “I need chocolate to make my body happy,... to make me feel better!” Amen, sister.
Goober did an amazing star presentation for Knights of Freedom the other day. He is quite the genius with creating this presentation. It was on space and black holes and had great info, fun graphics, awesome pictures, and was funny and pure Goober. It is fun to see his personality in the things he creates. The world he creates someday will have lots of awesome animals and colorful, exciting things :)! 
Funny how he can know and do something like that and not know how many months there are in a year...can you say "gaps in education"?  And the joyful part is I have no one to blame but myself :)...Fortunately, he learns fast and the situation has been remedied.    He knows now the number, name, and even the number of days in each month--homeschool success story!!
Hava-lava just said, “Excuse me, mom, excuse me, mom, excuse me, mom....” again and again, and I said, “Please wait for a minute while I finish typing” to which she replied, “Darn it! No!!, mom!” That's my Hava-lava...
Hava-lava tries to insist that I watch her go potty every day, every time. Whew. What a girl. She is in time out a lot, puts her animals in time out, and, if she knows she has done something wrong (normally on purpose :)...) she will ask, “I go to time out?” When I say, “yes”, she will normally say something like, “I don't want to go to time out!” What a spunky monkey.  She is definitely one who likes to see consistency, and likes to test the system :).

No comments:

Post a Comment