Thursday, November 29, 2012

God wants me to do...what?

We watched a segment from the life of Christ as put on by the LDS church about the beatitudes this morning during devotional.  It struck me how humble each of the beatitudes are, as well as the fact that they are all a pro-active choice to make in a given situation.

So, knowing that like Enoch, I want to walk with God, I did something I haven't done for a while in my pouting...

...I asked Heavenly Father what He would have me do today.

His answer?

"Lift up your face and be joyful."

The answer came immediately after my silent thoughts to the heavens.  It must be an answer because it was totally unlooked for...

...how can it feel like such a hard thing to do, when I have so much to be grateful for?

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I had a nice talk with Heavenly Father after reading your inspiring post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard to be joyful during the waiting time! And yet, how much good we can do when we are waiting :). Just your sweet little post is sending joy to us all the way across the world. We are thinking of you

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice reminder. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Came across this today in a link from Marni: President James E. Faust noted in the October 2004 General Conference, “Each of us needs to have our own storehouse of faith to help us rise above the troubles that are part of this mortal probation” (Ensign October 2004, p. 20). Amen!

    ReplyDelete