Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Repeat, repeat, repeat...

Please forgive my repetitive posting, but this obviously something I need to think and deal with, so here is some more...

The Savior is at the well with the woman of Samaria, who is flabbergasted that he, a Jew, would even talk to her. (Diversity...love it!)  He tells her that he can give her living water and she, now puzzled, asks: Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water?

Don't we do the same?

"What? You can help me do all these things you have asked me to do or that I feel I need to do?  What?  You can help me slow down and find peace?  What?  You can heal me?  What tools do you have?"

Ahhhhh...Sometimes the intention and plan of God seems to have no way, even though my mind tells me that He will provide a way to "accomplish the thing which he has commanded [us]." (1 Nephi 3:7).


Sometimes, I need to act on that tiny twig of belief and faith, doing as it says in that favorite scripture of mine:

 17 Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us acheerfully bdo all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the csalvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed. (D&C 123)

Cheerfully, eh?  Stand still, eh?

I also love the verses previous to this one:
13 Therefore, that we should waste and awear out our lives in bringing to light all the bhidden things of darkness, ...
 14 These should then be attended to with great aearnestness.
 15 Let no man count them as small things; ...
 16 You know, brethren, that a very large ship is abenefited very much by a very small helm in the time of a storm, by being kept workways with the wind and the waves.
Boy, I feel like the small helm!  But wait!  Ah-hah!  Maybe that small helm is how the power of God seems to us amidst the storm?  Or, maybe, we are that helm and we need to decide which captain is steering us through the storm?

Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment