Sunday, November 22, 2015

Why the rice experiment WORKS and what it taught me

Love.  Love is what it is all about.

As I have been trying to apply the "rice jar" experiment I mentioned a couple of days ago, I find myself in a frustrating situation with someone, realize my feelings toward them are generating "bad rice," picture white rice inside of them, love the rice, and then insert their face.

Crazy?  Perhaps.  But it is amazing how it changes my focus, motives and thoughts.

I have been pondering why in the world this would work and I think I got it:  the only way to love a jar of rice is unconditionally.  It gives nothing back and will show no immediate gratitude or response to your love.  The love you give it is from the heart and has to be genuine because there is no feedback to know if you are doing it "right" and certainly no one to impress.

Try it. It is crazy. But sometimes crazy is all we have left to try in a relationship.

And, if we use this method, we are truly loving someone for themselves.  It is what love really means.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment