Sunday, April 28, 2019

Trust God and Study "Come Follow Me"!

 I was reviewing the “Come Follow Me” material for this week and right at the beginning I am encouraged to write down my impressions from the still small whisperings of the Holy Ghost. And I had some this week and didn't want to lose them.

I have been praying that my relationship with one of my kids will be healed. Will be sweet again. They are an amazing person; I know that. There just has been something “off” between us for a while as they are in a challenging time of life. A hard place. So, I had a couple of strange inspirations that I acted on. One was to not feel compelled to try and fix it for a few days. Not really ignore them but not be actively trying to be on their good side. And then, when a situation came to a head a couple days ago and this child was venting, I could feel so much on my side that wanted to defend myself! However, after a few attempts (unsuccessful) I asked the Spirit, “Should I reply? What can I say?” The impression I felt was that nothing I would do or say would change anything right then so I decided to just listen and ponder what they were saying. 

And somehow, somehow everything seems a little better. Maybe it was just listening without trying to be defensive. Maybe it was that they felt heard. I don't know. But as I sat down to listen/read Matthew 18 this morning the prompt was that God's answers are not always the ones that make sense and that experience this week came to mind. I am continually stunned by the timeliness and application of the truths of the week we are studying in my personal life...in the deepest needs of my soul for answers. Truly miraculous. By small and simple means indeed. Two chapters sent out to all the church members of the world to read,...and my questions are answered. Incredible.

Link for this week for those who want it:

https://www.lds.org/study/manual/come-follow-me-for-individuals-and-families-new-testament-2019/16?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment