Saturday, October 22, 2016

Sleeping Despite the Storms

Image result for image of stormThere are a lot of storms raging around us.


I laid awake in bed this morning thinking about a movie I recently heard about, thinking about its ramifications.  It is a movie where for 24 or 48 hours, there are no rules, there is no law.  People go around and commit whatever random acts of lawlessness they want to.  Horrifying.

As my brain does, it started coming up with strategies: like, go to the Moores farm or pack ahead of time "the box" of books I would bring to perpetuate the education of my children (that was a fun but bittersweet process).   

I wasn't sleeping, obviously.

Then a thought drifted into my mind (or was put there by the Spirit): Remember when the Goob spoke of his awe that the Savior could sleep through the tempest on Galilee?  It would have been hard to sleep through that storm!

Storm.

What were those words our Savior used? 
 Mark 4:40 And he said unto them, Why are ye so afearful? how is it that ye have no bfaith?
Can I find sleep while the storm rages or will I, too, be fearful?  There is rest in Christ.  There is hope in faith.

I shut my eyes and tried to start practicing more faith :).
 Helaman 5:12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the arock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your bfoundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mightycstorm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment