Friday, January 22, 2016

Failure: a door to opportunity and success?

We watched an amazing series of short clips about overcoming for devotional this morning...thought I would share!

Don't fear failure...if you want to fly, be prepared to fall.

If you want to succeed, be prepared to fail.
Then we watched this powerful analogy of the necessary struggle experienced by a butterfly to achieve its potential:
I experienced my own mists of darkness, culminating yesterday. As I struggled through what looked like obstacle after obstacle, the inspirational message of this short article by my friend reminded me that the "mists of darkness" are a part of the journey, not something that happens when we are being bad or doing anything wrong.

Tova commented, after reflecting, "Heavenly Father can't lift us up unless we see that we are fallen or falling."

Lily remembered this quote from one of the videos: "If you didn't fail, it means you aren't trying anything new!"  She further mused, "You need to go through the darkness to realize the blessings that you've got!"

May these messages inspire others...

6 comments:

  1. Mary, Thanks for sharing these! How do you know Juventa? She is my husband's cousin. We love her! Small world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We knew her at BYU in a business venture we did together: Quixtar (Amway). Wonderful lady!

      Delete
  2. I had about a year once where I kept thinking constantly, where is the spirit? I was confused, but kept doing everything I knew I should and eventually came through to the spirit much stronger. Shortly after that a friend emailed, saying she and her family had left the church, and in that message she said, "God doesn't speak to me anymore." From my own experience I tried to encourage her, but she wouldn't listen. Sad. But I'm always grateful I held on and had faith!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are amazing! Thanks for sharing. I think it is so we can relate, too, that we experience these things...so we can reach out with more depth and empathy to those who are also struggling around us.

      Delete