Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Could a thousand sleepless nights really bring me closer to God?

My mind is so full...need to write.

Our devotional yesterday included the song, "Blessings":
I have probably highlighted it before here, but yesterday it took on additional meeting.

What if those blessings we crave, those things we yearn for, do indeed come through raindrops...would we ever want it to stop raining?

What if healing really came through tears...would we fight crying?  Would we "be strong" longer? Or would we find humility faster?  Would we find that broken heart, that contrite spirit...and then heal?

What if 1,000 sleepless nights was really what it takes to "know God's there"?

All of a sudden, my seemingly endless stream of nights up with my baby took on new meaning...

What if it was those very nights that I am enduring, that I have longed to have behind me are the very things that will bring me a sure knowledge of God?

Flip side of the question, how will that change my attitude every time my baby wakes up and how will that change my attitude when I wake up in the morning after a restless night?

Instead of, "oh, man!! what a rotten night!!!" could it really become, "my children!  last night I drew closer to God!"?

What if...

Makes one think.

2 comments: