Monday, January 18, 2016

Getting the vision back

I had a really off day.
It could be that I don't have any contact lenses right now and can't see much of anything.
It could be that my back is out.
It could be the huge storm that blew in and a day full of "last minute changes."
But it felt deeper than that and I walked around in a slump...a bit of a stupor. I felt in the doldrums of "mom-hood" and felt like I just wasn't "getting it done" or "measuring up"--even though I couldn't quite put a finger on what it was that I wasn't "doing" and who was doing the "measuring"...and of what.

Then I read this article posted by my friend. Thank goodness for friends who are inspired to share just what you need.

I read it, did some yoga with my kids, played a card game with my 14 year old in the middle of a cluttered room while my little ones lounged about and just enjoyed the moment of being a mom...not even looking at the time.

Thanks, Karen!

No comments:

Post a Comment