Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Creating beauty...even for only a moment...

Tonight I watched the following clip with Liliputian.  It is one of my favorites, combining my love of art and my love of the ocean.  For just a moment, it satisfies my yearning to sit on the cool beach and feel the rush and scent of the ocean breezes.

It makes me think.  This man spent hours creating a work of art that would be gone so soon.  Yet he did it.  How often do we put time into things that seem to crumble so quickly?  Our homes, our families, our children, our friends, our projects?

I think that is one reason why my favorite quote is my favorite quote there on the side :):
What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.
 It makes me want to go and create something!

No comments:

Post a Comment