Saturday, March 30, 2013

Easter testimony...

This morning I was feeling tired and cranky.  The Easter Bunny forgot to get things ready last night, so I was up at 4:30 preparing and hiding the baskets, per family tradition.  I had been up late watching a movie with Q-dawg and the older kids the night before, Spooner was nursing a bunch since he is teething and a little sick, but the thought of those little disappointed faces got me up off my pillow and moving.

Like I said, tired and cranky :).  

I knew I needed to re-fuel, so I sat down to listen to a conference talk, one that had touched me deeply from last conference.   It was amazing.
“Because I Live, Ye Shall Live Also”

The following are some special quotes from it that reminded me of the true meaning of Easter and how its message has changed my life forever.
I was reminded of the teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, who taught this comforting doctrine: “The Lord takes many away, even in infancy, that they may escape the envy of man, and the sorrows and evils of this present world; they were too pure, too lovely, to live on earth; therefore, if rightly considered, instead of mourning we have reason to rejoice as they are delivered from evil, and we shall soon have them again...”2
What a glorious blessing this is in our lives. Wouldn’t it be tragic if we didn’t feel great sorrow when we lose a child? How grateful I am to my Father in Heaven that He allows us to love deeply and love eternally. How grateful I am for eternal families. How grateful I am that He has revealed once again through His living prophets the glorious plan of redemption.
Remember as you attended the funeral of your loved one the feelings in your heart as you drove away from the cemetery and looked back to see that solitary casket—wondering if your heart would break.
I testify that because of Him, even our Savior, Jesus Christ, those feelings of sorrow, loneliness, and despair will one day be swallowed up in a fulness of joy. I testify that we can depend on Him and when He said:

“I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

“Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.5
I testify that, as stated in Preach My Gospel, “as we rely on the Atonement of Jesus Christ, He can help us endure our trials, sicknesses, and pain. We can be filled with joy, peace, and consolation. All that is unfair about life can be made right through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.”6
I testify that on that bright, glorious morning of the First Resurrection, your loved ones and mine will come forth from the grave as promised by the Lord Himself and we will have a fulness of joy. Because He lives, they and we shall live also. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment