Monday, June 27, 2016

Perfect Parenting Redefined

Image result for image of rain in forest

You know, I have probably reflected about this before but yesterday the though struck me with great force:

God is the perfect parent.  And not all of His children chose or choose to follow Him or do what is right.  In fact, if you are a member of my faith, according to the doctrines of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints fully 1/3 of the spirit children in heaven rebelled against Him and His plan, and there were many others that were probably fence sitters: not completely committed to His plan but not against it enough to openly rebel.

So it has made me re-think about what my purpose and aim is to become the best parent I can be.  It is to parent more like God governs His children.

Hmmmm...much food for thought and a definitely realignment of my "measuring stick" for perfect parenting.

Image result for image of God looking on children

No comments:

Post a Comment