Monday, December 26, 2011

Amazing Blog post on Environment in the home!!!

In this world, there are many different style of parenting for a very important reason...there are many different styles of us!  :)  Each child is unique, and, I feel, is sent to the parents they have for a reason.  (I don't pretend to understand why some are sent to abusive homes, but trust God's wisdom and love for those children.)  I feel that each parent receives the particular inspiration they need for their child, and it is not for us to judge, for perhaps it is the "quirks" of  those parents that that particular spirit needs.
For instance, I have a dear sister-in-law who might be considered "phobic" about letting her children near the water, another might be called "phobic" about where her kids are at all times.  I am openly "phobic" about what I let my children listen to and watch, fearing the emotional and spiritual safety perhaps as intensely as they do the physical dangers that face their children.
My dear friend, Karen, has a blog that I like to read, and she posted something that perfectly outlines why I am so "paranoid" about what I let my kids watch and listen to...especially when they are little.  I like that she doesn't outline specifics about application.  I feel that we should each study correct principles and then apply them in our own homes as the Spirit directs--and this will look different for each one of us!  Some might consider one film uplifting, another one find it offensive.  That being said, I think Karen has nailed on the head the principles behind creating what God intends for us to have as our environment in the home.
It is found at: http://www.thetaleofourquest.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment