Monday, December 12, 2011

CHRISTMAS CHOCOLATE-AARON & NIESHA-TALKING IN CHURCH

Okay...that funky title is from a brief exposure I had to "Three Word Journal"-ing.  I just glanced at it, applied what I liked, and am probably applying it incorrectly, but oh well for now :)!
Yesterday we made fudge and choco-covered pretzels…I am still sick :).  They were super yummy, and I ate way too many.  It makes me think about a question I have had for a while…I really want my kids to determine for themselves what is too many and what is too little as far as treats, but I also have tended to control how many sweets they get, feeling like if they are given unrestrained access to the treats in the same way I am, they will get sick or addicted.  I feel that if they get too much, they will not have appetite for what is good for them, but I guess it can be a case by case, child by child thing. Hmmmm…Of course, I have to be better at modeling it, of course :)…kind of like exercising, which is so hard to do with all this inversion!!  What to do!

We had a wonderful treat of being able to see my brother Aaron and his amazing wife Niesha and their sweet family yesterday.  It felt so right having them here with us, like no time had passed.  Niesha is deliciously adorable with her cute tummy and little darling inside of it, and Aaron, although exhausted at the time, looked wonderfully just the same as always.  I love family.

Yesterday, a counselor in our new bishopric asked us to speak on Jan. 1, 2012…funny.  Despite being in our old ward for four and a half years, we were never asked to talk.  Quinn was alright with that, and I already had ample times to share between testimony meeting and my inability to keep my mouth shut in classes :).  So it was funny that, not even having our records transferred yet, we were asked to speak.  Our old ward did ask Quinn to speak the week after Thanksgiving.  We had moved out by then (and were planning on visiting family in Idaho possibly that weekend as well), so he said “no” with a sigh of relief :).    I guess they are making up for it in this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment