Monday, December 26, 2011

Blind in more ways than one...

The other day, my eyes were irritated and it was difficult to see.  I have had this problem often enough that it started me thinking about what it would be like to be blind.  As I struggled to do some things while my eyes were irritated, I thought, “One of the worst things if I went blind would be my inability to read books.”  I thought about books-on-tape, which led me to books on-line, which led me to communicating via email, and how challenging it would be to type and effectively communicate (knowing how often I have to fix my writing as it is with me “seeing”!).  I thought, “I bet I would more easily offend people if I were blind.”  Then I thought (don’t you love this stream of conscious “Mary-ism”?), “I wonder if that is like how it is so easy to offend people when we are ‘blind’ to their situation or their needs and just ‘blindly’ charge ahead, unaware of the mistakes we are making.”  Hmmm….

No comments:

Post a Comment