Thursday, December 22, 2011

Today

We are still surrounded in totes here at my parent’s house, but have been steadily getting rid of more and more.  I just gave away two huge totes and two large garbage bags full of clothes from our “clothes storage”.  It is crazy how it just feels right.  My logical part of my brain has remained stunned and speechless as I find remarkable peace in getting rid of so much that I previously felt like was necessary…probably partly because before it felt right to keep it…
We had a special treat a couple days ago: we were able to go to lunch with a bunch of Quinn’s siblings.  As I came away from it and have thought about it since, I realize how blessed I am to have such amazing people in the family I married into!  I love them dearly and they are so good to me…  We went to the Cheesecake Factory and were treated to lunch by Quinn’s sister, and, boy!, was it yummy!  Unfortunately, this holiday season I have been surrounded with plenty of “yummies” and have been so tired and stressed that my self-control has gone out the window :).  So much for losing weight!
On to paint again today!  Things are really coming together at the house, so it should be soon now that we can get it on the market.   I must admit, it looks pretty nice! J  Quinn’s dad has been awesome at helping us paint, and my older ones have been amazing at watching the little ones while I do it with Quinn.  The kids want to paint our haza in Hungary before we move in so it looks szep. (Nice Hungarian, udja?)

No comments:

Post a Comment