Friday, December 16, 2011

Cool links from a vision night I presented at for "my" youth...

Okay, they are not all "my" youth (only Tova was, technically...), but I do love each of them dearly :).

I thought some of you friends and family who read this might enjoy some of these clips if you haven't seen them before.  We showed them last night to show people following their vision of who they wanted to be.  I stress the importance (as I did last night) that the only way to true and lasting satisfaction and happiness is doing that under the direction of the spirit.  I believe that the Lord knows our talents and strengths and wants us to develop them in a way that is personally and uniquely satisfying and as a gift to serve others.  The biker in the clip below is inspiring and dedicated, and has undoubtedly inspired many others.  Perhaps he has used it to serve youth by encouraging them and lifting their spirits? Perhaps he has used his talent as a way to raise money for various charitable causes? We can hope so.  The important part is always having the spirit to be with us (in the bottom clip by Elder Bednar) as a measuring stick that our path is the one to lead to our ultimate happiness and satisfaction.

Final note: if you have not checked out "Mormon Messages" on lds.org, they are truly inspirational.  We use them for devotional "wrap-ups" or themes as a family one to two times a week.  They are usually little sections/messages from LDS conference talks with cool images and music to highlight it.  I really like the one where they interviewed the random New Yorkers about gratitude called "The Spirit of Thanksgiving".  When my brother watched it he said, "It renews my faith in people and the goodness of humanity."



No comments:

Post a Comment