Thursday, December 22, 2011

Chugger-dude's birthday

For Chugger-dude’s birthday, we thought it would be fun to go swimming.  Everyone was feeling relatively better (except for Piper who quietly lay on the couch downstairs with Grandma and Grandpa at home the whole time), so Quinn and I thought it would be a nice treat for Chugger-dude on his birthday.  Quinn came up to where he was sitting and said, “Chugger-dude, for your birthday, mom and I thought it would be nice to do something super special…we’re going to clean out the garage!” After a pause, in which Chugger-dude looked stunned, Quinn quickly added, “Just kidding!  We are going to go swimming!  Doesn’t that sound fun?!”  Hyrum hid his face and burst into tears.  Baffled, Quinn and I looked at each other and I asked Chugger-dude, “Don’t you want to go swimming?” He always loved it before!  He raised a tear-filled face and said, “I don’t want to get cold outside!”  Poor dear…

No comments:

Post a Comment