Monday, December 26, 2011

Hair-cutting tips...from Oprah?

Random thing:  I learned how to layer my own hair a while back. I think it came from Oprah, but, seeing as I have never watched it in my life, wonder how I heard about it, and how I know it came from her.  But, that point aside, it has been cool to do my own layering!  You bring all your hair as evenly as possible to a pony tail on top of your head.  If you want it shorter in front you bring the ponytail closer to the front of your head…longer, toward the back.  Then you bind your hair every inch or so with another ponytail elastic, until you get to toward the end of your pony tail.  Then, you slice it off evenly across the bound pony tail..I like to start with 1/2 inch to make sure the change is not to drastic my first time doing it on someone.  Let your hair out, and you are done!  It works on my curly hair and very nicely on Lily’s perfectly straight hair. Then, you just cut an even straight line across the bottom once they hair is let down.  So cool!  Thanks, Oprah?

No comments:

Post a Comment